Side Street Studio Arts, Downtown Elgin’s newest arts venue, is looking for two artist-interns to assist in their extensive event schedule, day-to-day activities, and teach in their arts workshops and camps. Artists are given the opportunity of producing a show and extend to new audiences within the outreach programs, including arts education and external productions. The internship experience will culminate in a solo exhibition or performance of each artist-intern’s personal artistic practice in whichever medium they work.
· First-hand experience programming, installing, striking and promoting visual art exhibitions
· First-hand experience managing live performance
· Public and media relations experience
· Knowledge of gallery operations
· Opportunity to network, learn from, and work with a variety of professional artists
· Time and space to work on their personal art practice
· Income potential through teaching in education and outreach programming
· Culminating personal exhibition/showcase or performance at Side Street
· Upon completion of the Artist-Internship, the intern will have use of Side Street Studio Arts for a week to curate a show, exhibit their own work, and/or produce a performance.