JOB TITLE: Shop Carpenter
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
The Goodman Theatre is searching for a Shop Carpenter to join our scene shop staff. The Shop Carpenter will work collaboratively with the Technical Director and other scene shop staff members to construct, load-in, maintain and load-out scenery for the 9 show subscription season, including our annual production of A Christmas Carol, at the Goodman Theatre. This position can require some evening and weekend hours on an as needed basis.
This position is full-time and is under the jurisdiction of the Goodman Theatre’s collective bargaining agreement with I.A.T.S.E Local 2.
- 3 years professional theatre experience in scenery construction; scenic carpentry, finish carpentry, metal working, stage rigging, and automation/motion control
- Knowledge of theatrical procedures used in scenic construction
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver 50-70lbs, either alone or with assistance from others as well as scale ladders and work in high places
- Safely operate a forklift or safely drive a 24’ box truck is beneficial
- Work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
NO CALLS PLEASE - Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position.