PROGRAM MANAGER (P-T)
June 28, 2018
The Program Manager (PRM) is a leadership position that coordinates the Young Playwrights School program, new works programs, and Community Engagement at Pegasus/Young Playwrights. This part-time position is ideal for recent college grads looking to build a career in arts administration.
Young Playwrights/Pegasus Theatre Chicago promotes playmaking and theatre artists and champions new and authentic voices. Our multifaceted arts education program provides in-class residencies combined with professional apprenticeships and theatre-making opportunities. We excitedly embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
The PRM reports to the Producing Director (PD) and performs all duties with the PD’s vision and guidance. The PRM is expected to work both autonomously and collaboratively. Candidates must be both creative and highly organized with great attentiveness to detail. Average of 18-20 hours per week. Salary discussed at offer.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Implement education and community engagement programs
- Work with teachers to establish program requirements and schedule activities
- Work with PD to train and book teaching/residency artists
- Book Residencies, Workshops and School performances
- Conduct post-residency talk-back and document processes
- Work with PD to manage YPF competition phase (solicit volunteer readers, follow-up, receipt and distribution of evaluations)
- Coordinate the Final Round Immersion Workshops and Final Round programming
- Work with PD to develop/implement YPF Alumni program
- Maintain ongoing data records (e.g., workshops, residencies, school and students served)
- Generates reports to PD for funders/reporting agencies documenting activities accomplished on a mutually agreed schedule
- Document activities on the Google calendar
- Assist with other program-related activities as required