Position Title: Production Intern (winter - spring 2018)
Reports to: Director, Production
The Chicago Humanities Festival Internship Program welcomes students and graduates to experience the creation and execution of public programs within a nonprofit cultural institution. This internship program will require a commitment of 14-21 hours a week for 3 to 9 months *, starting late January or early February 2018.
CHF internships are project-based and vary based on the program cycle and needs of the organization. While all intern projects involve inter-departmental collaboration, each intern project has a specific concentration as outlined below.
*Note, a 9 month internship is preferred, but a minimum commitment of 3 months is required.
- Providing logistical support at Year-Round programs and Springfest
- Working closely with the production team to produce selected CHF programs. Duties may include, but are not limited to, communicating with artists, presenters, partners, venues, vendors, and the like; determining technical requirements; confirming and augmenting requirements as needed; tracking details in CHF’s FileMaker database; and ensuring all details are met during the Festival.
- Working closely with other CHF seasonal hires including house managers, stage managers, and other technical staff before and during the Festival.
- Help maintain the FileMaker Archive database
- Assist the ticket office with administrative duties, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates should have some previous production or special event experience, enjoy complex multi-layered projects, show initiative, have experience with both Mac and PC computers, and be able to work in a team environment. Microsoft Word and Excel experience is required. Experience with Filemaker Pro and Raiser’s Edge databases is a plus.
How to apply:
Please submit the following byJanuary 31, 2018.
Application (available at http://chicagohumanities.org/about/internships), cover letter (including how you heard about the internship), resume, brief personal statement, and two references
Please limit your personal statement to 500 words.
Post: Internship Director, 500 N Dearborn, Suite 825, Chicago IL 60654
About the Chicago Humanities Festival
At Chicago Humanities Festival, we believe that humanity thrives when people gather, connect and open themselves to ideas that go beyond their individual experience. That’s why for more than 25 years, CHF curates live events that allow audiences to connect with thinkers — both established and emerging — and see the world differently. Under the leadership of Executive Director Phillip Bahar, Thoma Artistic Director Jonathan Elmer, and Associate Artistic Director Alison Cuddy, CHF is one of Chicago’s most vibrant civic institutions. Join us and celebrate the social life of ideas. Visit chicagohumanities.org for more information.
The Chicago Humanities Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer.