ReelPaws Productions Video Editing Internship
POSITION: Post Production - Video Editing Intern
REQUESTED HOURS PER WEEK: 20-25 hours/week
TIME COMMITMENT: minimum 3-month commitment, January 2019 – April 2019
DESCRIPTION OF INTERNSHIP:
The primary focus of this role will be to assist with editing commercial footage. Intern receives the full benefit of accessing the entire production team for questions, learning opportunities, and hands-on experience. Although this internship focuses mostly on the post-production side of video, there will be opportunities to participate in video shoots and receive training in sales, marketing, styling, casting, scriptwriting, business operations, etc. per applicant’s individual interests.
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting editors with editing footage for various projects for TV and web, using raw footage shot in house
- Collecting, rendering, and organizing final internal assets for Dropbox, YouTube, and Vimeo
- Edit primarily using the following programs: Adobe Premiere, and After Effects
- Candidate must be a senior, or recent graduate currently enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program
- Major or minor in film, video production, media studies, marketing, or related field
- Experience editing with Adobe Creative Suite and Apple/Mac Software systems
- Interest working in commercial post production
- Eagerness and willingness to learn how a production company functions
- Strong Attendance Record
- Because this production company specializes in working with live animals, applicant should be comfortable with dogs and cats
COMPENSATION: $500/month stipend, we are happy to also be considered for school credit
APPLICATION PROCESS: Application Deadline: Friday, November 16th 2018
1. Cover letter detailing experience in editing and interest in this position
3. Links to work or a reel of work you have edited. No more than 3 submissions please.
4. 1 letter of recommendation/character reference (doesn’t need to be specific for this role, but needs to address candidate’s character)
Please submit all above materials to Mandie at email@example.com. No phone calls please.