Serving 5,000 singers from all 57 Chicago zip codes, Chicago Children's Choir (CCC) is a nonprofit organization that inspires and unites youth from diverse backgrounds to become global citizens through music. What began in 1956 as a small choir in Hyde Park fostering interracial understanding during the civil rights movement has grown into a network of over 130 choirs whose singers are empowered to bridge cultural divides and become ambassadors of peace in their communities. With programs in 91 Chicago schools, 10 after-school neighborhood programs, an ensemble for boys with changing voices called DiMension and the internationally-acclaimed Voice of Chicago, the diversity of Chicago Children's Choir reflects the cultural landscape of the city. CCC is proud to provide access, with 85% of participants paying less than $50 for a year of programming. Under the leadership of President and Artistic Director Josephine Lee, CCC has become a civic treasure and a model of urban music education. In addition to numerous self-produced concerts and collaborative efforts with Chicago’s finest cultural institutions and as a result of its commitment to achieving intercultural understanding, CCC undertakes approximately 5 domestic tours annually featuring singers from the Neighborhood Choir Program and DiMension and an international tour featuring singers from Voice of Chicago.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the office.
The Operations Coordinator supports administrative work flow across all departments of the organization. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phones, informational e-mails
- Maintaining operational documents and e-distributions lists (i.e. staff and board rosters and directories; board manuals etc.)
- Coordinate all organizational meetings for board and staff
- Maintain office supply inventory; coordinate storage needs.
- Manage relationship with IT consultant, assist staff with all technology-related matters including software purchases and licensing.
- Maintain and manage purchase of all office equipment including leased equipment and maintenance agreements.
- General office support (assist with copies and special mailings).
- Serve as liaison to the Chicago Cultural Center in reserving rooms and set-up requirements. Assist with set-up of all events/meetings in the building.
- Provide administrative assistance to leadership as requested
- Support the finance area (bank deposits; credit card reconciliation and payment
- Oversee budget for relevant operation accounts
- Assist with Choir events, programs and concerts as needed (ticket sales, set-up, merchandise, chaperone).
- Prepare items necessary for front of house at self-produced concerts