The Chicago Architecture Biennial is seeking a full-time Manager of Communications and Marketing to be responsible for directing the Biennial’s external relations, reporting to the Executive Director and working in coordination with the leadership team and external PR and marketing agencies.
The Manager of Communications & Marketing position sets, coordinates and manages the communications and marketing functions of the Biennial. This work is done closely in conjunction with the Biennial’s leadership, senior staff in Development and Program Production, and external PR and marketing consultants. The role includes planning, development and implementation of strategies to increase the profile of the Biennial as an organization, with a focus on the third edition exhibition and its commissioned participants and programs. It extends to oversight of the Biennial’s marketing platform for programmatic partners, to promote engagement with an expanded audience.
This is an ideal role for a hands-on, creative professional with strong writing and organizational skills. Candidates must be highly self-motivated, creative and organized with 7-10 years of experience in administration, social media management, and/or public relations for arts and culture.
They must be driven, able to multitask, have impeccable communications skills, work well as part of a team and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Develop and maintain system for intake of information from partners and participants
• Facilitate fulfillment of press requests, such as coordinating interviews, image and factchecking requests, photo shoots, and more
• Government Relations
• Communicate with Government stakeholders to make sure they are up to date and assist in promoting CAB. This includes ongoing communications with key agencies such as, but not limited to: Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events Chicago Public Library Mayor’s Press Office Illinois Office of Tourism Choose Chicago
PR and marketing coordination
• Develop and facilitate the Biennial’s annual marketing and advertising strategy in close consultation with Biennial leadership, PR agencies, and Marketing agency, including ad placements with relevant print and digital publications
• Coordinate with external PR and advertising agencies to provide information and feedback and manage schedule and timeline • Work with external PR and advertising agencies to develop and approve all external materials and manage internal and external requests for information; facilitate reviews of drafts and approvals
• Serve as a main point of contact for press inquiries in coordination PR agencies
• Manage, write, and issue e-blasts to the biennial’s general contacts
• Manage content and images on the Biennial's website
• Develop and maintain online press kit Social Media Management
• The position supervises the Content Coordinator, a role that implements the creation of visual and text-based content for distribution across the website and all relevant social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
• Coordinate with external PR and advertising agencies to develop and execute content strategies and content partnerships for social media channels Development Coordination
• Assist on the development of sponsorship pitch packages
• Assist on the development and execution of cultivation events for stakeholders and supporters Advertising & Asset Production
• Recommend and with approval from the Executive Director, direct the media-buy with agreed upon target markets that compliments the marketing strategy.
• Monitor the media buy to ensure its effectiveness, recommend any changes with approval from the Executive Director.
• Coordinate graphics of marketing material and advertising.
• Direct video production and work with team on agreed upon channels for distribution.
• Be responsible for own correspondence and administration
• Any other duties as reasonably required by the Biennial leadership team