Job Title: House Manager and Accessibility Coordinator
Reports To: Front of House Manager
This position is the main public contact during performances and special events. The House Manager provides customer service, supervises hourly staff, and oversees public safety during performances and events. This person will assist with house events and be able to give guided tours of the Goodman facility. The ideal candidate must have a passion for providing accessibility to patrons of all needs. In this role, the House Manager will assist in the coordination of accessibility services for performances, programming and community events. This is a full-time position with regular evening and weekend hours. The position is salaried, with an employee benefits package.
- Manage the front of house operations during performances
- Lead Sensory-Friendly Coordinator
- Coordinate and Execute Touch Tours
- Prepare the theatres and lobby spaces prior to each production
- Ensure cleanliness and timely maintenance of all front of house areas
- Assist with special event planning and provide on-site supervision of events
- Maintain the supply of playbills, stuffers, and additional marketing materials for patrons and visitors
- Ensure that Goodman patrons have a superior experience at the theatre
- Able to provide insightful tours when requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in the performing arts, preferably theater
- Experience working in retail and concessions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work and think independently or as part of a team
- Must love working with all kinds of people
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must be skilled at problem solving
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are an inclusive and accessible employer; successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people.
Send cover letter and resume to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman Theatre/default.html
or via fax to 312.553.7234. No phone calls. Please indicate in your cover letter where you found this position by listing the specific website or posting location.