We are looking for a Gallery Coordinator!
Are you two parts assistant store manager, one part art appreciator or artist, and one part social butterfly? Have you held a management position in retail? Worked in a non-profit? Always had at least a toe in the art pool? If so, you could be perfect for our gallery coordinator position.
We expect the gallery coordinator to
- Be a positive and respectful self-starter
- Communicate regularly with visitors and gallery stakeholders, as well as with supervisors and subordinates
- Excel in time management and task prioritization
- Understand how to be incredibly flexible to meet gallery priorities
- Maintains confidentiality while still helping visitors and artists
- Confident in using Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google Drive, Constant Contact. Familiarity or ability to learn Adobe products, Google Apps, e-commerce sites, etc.
- Comfortable managing gallery sales and other monetary and math-based tasks
- It is preferred that you have a drivers license and vehicle
The gallery coordinator will take ownership of the day-to-day operations of the gallery, as well as coordinating exhibitions and other duties as assigned. The coordinator should expect to work at least 20 -25 hours a week with some evening and weekend hours. They will be committed to opening and closing the gallery by arriving at least a half hour prior to opening and staying a slightly after close. Our current hours are Thursday 12-4, Friday 12-4, and Saturday 11-4. Other hours will be determined with the Gallery Director and Board of Directors based on fluctuating demands. This is a physical job. You will be cleaning, setting up for reception, and moving art, packages, and pedestals just to name a few tasks.
You will get paid experience in art handling, exhibition coordination, project management, and volunteer and intern management. The gallery coordinator will average 20-25 hours including weekdays and weekends, and some nights. There is the possibility of occasional 30-hour weeks based on gallery needs. Pay will start at $12-15 an hour depending on your qualifications.