EVENT MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
Carol Fox and Associates (CF&A), a Chicago-based public relations and marketing agency that focuses on arts, entertainment and lifestyle clients, is proud to offer a practical, educational and enjoyable internship program. Clients include many of Chicago’s theaters, concert venues, schools, dance companies, fundraising events, special events and visual arts institutions.
This CF&A internship provides participants with access to mentoring and career advice from top-tier communication professionals in this dynamic industry. We are looking for college students and recent graduates interested in gaining valuable experience in event coordination, program planning, and writing.
The Event Management Intern reports to the Director of Events, the Senior Vice President and other associates on a project basis. Duties include planning and executing a variety of special events, from a fifty-person luncheon to a gala with a thousand guests. Other specific duties include:
- Creating planning and event timelines
- Drafting copy for event invitations and programs
- Researching vendors and venues
- Setting up and being a part of solicitation meetings with vendors
- Using event management software such as EventBrite and Greater Giving in order to manage logistics
- Creating promotional materials
- Assisting the day of the event, from set up to take down
- Answering CF&A general phone line