ShawChicago Theater Company seeks a temporary Box Office Manager. Position is paid and information below. Call at 312-587-7390 or e-mail at email@example.com
Call Time: 1.5 hours before performance.
Box Office Opens: 1 hour before performance.
1. Bring materials into Box Office:
a. Cash Bank Envelope
b. Brown Paper/Goldstar/Hot Tix Lists from Tony.
c. Tickets and Reservation List from Betty*
*This may not be available right away. Ask for it about about fifteen minutes before you open the box office.
2. Count cash bank and confirm balance.
3. Count pre-printed Goldstar tickets and compare with Goldstar List--Write additional tickets using Goldstar Blanks as necessary.
4. Confirm that all Brown Paper Tickets are listed on the reservation list
5. Double check that the proper number of tix is in each envelope. Put the envelopes in alpha-order.
6. Check that the I-Pad is on and functioning, the correct program is open, and the swiper is properly plugged in.
7. Open the Box Office by taking down the window covers and turning on the bright lights.
8. Keep track of sales as you do them using Box Office Daily Report Form..
9. A half-hour before the show starts check The House Manager will open the house.
10. 5 Minutes before the show starts, check in with Tony and the Stage Manager and tell them how many patrons you’re still waiting for.
11. Once Tony has started the curtain speech go into the house and take a headcount.
12. When the music starts (lights go down and show has officially begun), close the box office by closing the windows and turning off bright lights.
13. Organize your transactions in the Box Office Report to include house count
14. Put cash profit and any pertinent documents in an envelope..
15. Count cash bank to ensure proper balance.
16. Transport all materials back to the office.
17. Complete Daily Box Office report, put it in envelope with cash profit. Hand it over to Tony.
a. Note: If Tony is not present, then seal the envelope and place it on his desk.
18. Check with Tony to see if there’s anything else he needs.
Work about 2 hours each performance day. Pay is $12 per hour. They would earn $250 - $300 per production.