At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing Chicago’s youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924 today Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 8,500 youth while touching the lives of more than 14,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
The Assistant Resource Coordinator at South Loop Elementary School is a full-time position responsible for assisting the Resource Coordinator with developing school-based programming, events and activities. Lead programming based on parent and student interests/needs, strengthening student social and emotional skills, academic enrichment, community service, leadership, fine and performing arts, and health & wellness.
- Serve as team lead/YG point of contact when Resource Coordinator is out of the office
- Make executive decisions to manage the program, deal with schedule changes, handle emergencies, etc. with the best interests of all stakeholders in mind
- Maintain complete record of attendance and services
- Manage billing roster and assist with invoicing process
- Provide administrative and program support for School Programs
- Supervise and support students and staff where directed
- Aid in staff development, including organizing and hosting trainings
- Maintain behavioral expectations for students in keeping with established methods and procedures; mastery of school-based behavior management plan
- Maintain positive and mutually informative relationship with school administration, teachers, staff, parents, students and community stakeholders
- Develop and maintain tools for communicating with grant providers, school, parents, students, community members, and other stakeholders as necessary
- Cultivate community partnerships with individuals and organizations that can provide resources and/or support for programs and initiatives, including volunteers, donations, youth opportunities, grants, etc
- Perform other duties as assigned