JOB TITLE:Assistant Lighting Supervisor
REPORTS TO:Lighting Supervisor / Production Manager
The Goodman Theatre seeks an Assistant Lighting Supervisor to be a part of our production team for the 8 show subscription season, our annual production of A Christmas Carol, the New Stages Festival, and special events. The Assistant Lighting Supervisor will assist in overseeing all aspects of the lighting department including supervision of the electrics crew during show prep, load-in, focus, and tech, while maintaining a safe and effective work environment. The Assistant Lighting Supervisor will also assist in preparation of paperwork for productions and events, researching equipment and supplies for productions, maintenance and repair of lighting systems and equipment, and documentation of shows. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
This position is full time and includes a benefits package.
By dedicating itself to three guiding principles—quality, diversity and community— the Goodman Theatre seeks to be the premier cultural organization in Chicago, providing productions and programs that make an essential contribution to the quality of life in our city.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Two (2) years of professional or theatrical lighting experience
- A working knowledge of ETC consoles, dimmers, and networks
- Practical experience with automated lighting and theatrical rigging
- Proficient with practical wiring and design, special effects design, and wireless dimming
- Lightwright and Vectorworks experience; AutoCAD or other CAD programs is beneficial.
- Ability to supervise and work with a diverse staff, experience with IATSE crews beneficial
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work on varied projects
- Work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume including three (3) references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No calls please.