Call for Submissions are now open for the 4th Annual
Presented by IFP Chicago and The Chicago International Film Festival
INFO SESSION 1: 6:30pm on AUG 2, 2018 @ STAGE 18 CHICAGO
INFO SESSION 2: 6:30pm on AUG 8, 2017 @ 2112
EARLY DEADLINE: AUGUST 20, 2018 at 11:59 PM
LATE DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2018 at 11:59PM
THE PITCH AT INDUSTRY DAYS: OCTOBER 14, 2018
IFP Chicago and the Chicago International Film Festival invite filmmakers with narrative features in late stage development to apply for The Pitch at Industry Days. Now in its fourth year, The Pitch at Industry Days gives filmmakers the opportunity to present their projects in front of a live audience and a panel of industry judges.
With the goal of spotlighting and elevating high quality work from Chicago and from the Midwest, The Pitch at Industry Days is designed to benefit projects currently in advanced development. The winning project will receive an awards package of in-kind services from Chicago-area production facilities and organizations—to include consultation, production, post-production services, and mentorship from industry decision-makers. Past winners have been invited to the Tribeca Film Institute All Access Fellowship, to IFP New York’s Project Forum Film Slate, and to Tribeca Film Institute’s TFI Network. Signature Move, a 2015 honorable mention, found critical traction at The Pitch at Industry Days and went on to premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival before screening at over 150 festivals around the world.
- You must own the submitted project or else possess all rights to it. If you are not the owner, you must provide all necessary licenses.
- Projects must be narrative features in late stage development or pre-production.
- Projects must have an attached director and producer.
- Filmmaking teams must include at least one individual with past professional credits.
- A work sample is required (it does not need to be related to the proposed work).
- Selected teams must attend one informational session and one practice session.
The following are encouraged:
- Attached talent.
- Attached financing.
- Attached crew.
- Corporate/organizational sponsorships and partnerships.
- Complete the application and submit payment (submission FREE for IFP Chicago members). For NON-MEMBERS, the Early Deadline is $25 and the Late Deadline is $40.
- Provide the following:
- Completed script
- Treatment/Pitch Deck (see guidelines below)
- Two-Minute Elevator Pitch Video (see guidelines below)
An 8-12 page PDF that provides an overview of the project's story, production team, and production plan. It should include the following:
- Logline and story synopsis
- Biographies of key personnel
- List of attached talent
- Description of corporate/organization partnerships
- Intended budget and list of attached financing
- Description of target audience
- Description of distribution strategy
- Look Book or supporting visuals
Elevator Pitch Video
A 2-3 minute direct-to-camera pitch explaining your project and introducing your team.
- Must include all members of the pitch team (no more than 3 people may participate).
- The focus should be on introducing yourself and your project; videos do not need to be glossy or over produced.
- Pitch videos must be uploaded to the internet and a link included in your application.
Projects selected include a wide range of budgets, genres, styles and experience.
After the Open Call for Submissions, which will be reviewed by a panel of local industry representatives, the selected projects* must participate in one intensive pitch practice session (dates TBD). On October 14, 2018, pitch teams must arrive early for run through and must stay for the entire pitch event.
*Selected Projects must become members of IFP Chicago
On October 14, 2018, teams of 2-3 will give a 7-minute presentation that has a media or visual component. You will receive feedback and questions from the panel immediately following your presentation.
NOTES AND DISCLAIMERS:
If your project is selected, you must participate in one informational session and one practice session.
Submission does not require IFP Chicago to include the submitted work in The Pitch at Industry Days, and IFP Chicago may include a work that is similar to the submitted work.
Submission does not create a contractual relationship, implied or otherwise with the Chicago International Film Festival, IFP Chicago or any of their sponsors or affiliates. By submitting you are waiving any breach of contract, implied or otherwise and any theft of idea or concept action against the Chicago International Film Festival, IFP Chicago, or any of their sponsors or affiliates including copyright actions.