I am a dance maker, educator, and writer based in the Chicago area looking for conscientious, experienced movers of all ages, body types, backgrounds, and gender identities to join a new project. Auditions are by appointment and selected performers will be paid.
Nature of project: This process-based ensemble performance will be derived from autoethnographic inquiry. It will entail sourcing an experience or event involving loss from your personal history to use as the primary somatic guide in a shared movement exploration. Through facilitated improvisational and choreographic investigations, we will weave together our individual memories into one collective composition. The culmination will be both a live and recorded performance.
Rehearsal details: Our rehearsals will be collaborative and invite the whole performer into the creative process. We will be located on Chicago’s north side and will begin in early September. The rehearsal schedule will be determined by the availability of those involved. While a commitment to the project is expected, the schedule will be flexible to some extent.
Who should apply: No specific dance training is needed but those interested should:
- Be comfortable with improvisation
- Be an experienced mover in some physical form, such as martial arts, somatics, acrobatics, dance, etc.
- Possess the ability to listen and respond using their body to both verbal and non-verbal stimuli
- Be open to creative exploration and experimentation
- Operate within a growth mindset
- Thrive in inclusive, collaborative environments
- Value the full range of human physicality, emotion, and experience
Audition details: Auditions will involve some talking, improvising, storytelling, and choreographing. To set up an audition time, please email me your availability as well as any video links that will give me an idea of who you are as a mover. If you have questions you’d like addressed beforehand, please feel free to email me as well.
Contact Info: Alyssa Motter /// firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about my work, and me please visit www.alyssaemotter.com